Q. Looking for Quick Facts on ebooks?
Ebook Quick Facts
- The Library provides access to over 100,000 ebooks
- The ebook collection tends to be more current than what is available in the print collection
- The Library has partnered with the following ebook vendors
- Many vendors allow ebooks to be downloaded to your mobile device.
- Instructions for downloading Ebrary titles [Powerpoint file]
- All ebook titles can be discovered in both the Library catalog and All-Knight Search
American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)
The Library subscribes to the ACLS Humanities E-book Collection. This is a growing collection that currently includes approximately 4,000 titles. Subjects covered includes:
- Historical studies
- Biblical studiesw
- Women's studies
- Language & literature
- Film & media studies
The Library subscribes to the IT Pro Collection from Books 24x7. This collection is a great resources for current books covering all topics in computer science. This includes a strong collection of help or "how-to" books covering specific software packages, programming languages, and protocols.
Multidisciplinary ereference resource. Additional package has been purchased in the area of criminal justice. A good starting point is the Find a Book page, which lists all available titles by discipline.
The Academic Ebrary collection includes over 60,000 ebooks covering all disciplines. The ebrary web reader provides users to set up free account, which will allow them to keep book list, highlight sections, and provide an work environment to read and work.
Gale Virtual Reference
A multidisciplinary collection of ereference resources. The starting page has books listed by discipline. Note the help dropdown menu that is available at the top of the page.
Variety of resources from the prestigious publisher. The main page provides very useful dropdown guides of titles by SUBJECT or by REFERENCE TYPE.
Many current subject encyclopedias, with particular strength in the social sciences.